May tri-polish challenge, Day 1: Dots



This month, I'm participating in the Crumpet Nail Tarts' Tri-Polish Challenge. I'm technically not a member since I don't have a Facebook account, but Debbie said I could play anyway, so play I shall :) Since I don't have the inlinkz code, please go here to see the entire collection! Update: linky now added.

All the info is in the above link, but to just sum up the challenge: Each month, there are three colours and you have to pick one polish for each and use them to create four different manis. You have to use at least two of the colours in each and all three in one, and you may use black, white, silver, gold and glitter toppers.

May's colours are grey, red and blue, and I chose the following polishes (the same I used for my Star Trek nails, actually - I really like them together):

flormar supermatte M127, OPI Cajun Shrimp, s-he 285

Diesen Monat mache ich bei der Crumpet Nail Tarts Tri-Polish Challenge mit. 

Kurz zusammengefasst geht es darum, dass jeden Monat drei Farben bestimmt werden, mit denen man vier Manis machen muss (eine mit allen drei Farben, die anderen mit mindestens zwei). Für jede Farbe muss man sich auf einen bestimmten Nagellack festlegen, zusätzlich darf man Schwarz, Weiß sowie Silber, Gold und Glitzertopper verwenden. Die Bilder werden dann am 3. und 4. Di und Do des Monats gepostet.
Hier findet ihr die ganze Inlinkz-Kollektion. Die übrigen Kunstwerke findet ihr unten in der Inlinkz-Sammlung.

Die Farben für Mai sind Grau, Rot und Blau und meine Auswahl seht ihr am Bild rechts (es ist eine Kombi, die mir gut gefällt - und genau diese Lacke hab ich schon letztens für die Star Trek-Nägel verwendet). 



before adding the matte top coat

I decided to try one of the "classics" I've never done, so here is my first dotticure. First, I made white dots in two different sizes and then added red and blue with slightly smaller dotting tools - and that's it!

I don't know why I haven't done one earlier, seeing as I've had my dotting tools for close to two months now, but it definitely won't be the last. It's so fast and fun to make!

Usually I either wear plain polish (or maybe a few layers) or, if I do nail art, I do crazy freehand stuff that takes me hours, so I was surprised to get such a fun and quirky result in 15 minutes. I'm not even sure why I was surprised, logically I know nail art doesn't have to take hours, but I guess I had to experience it to believe it. Now I'm even more eager to try some other classics, such as splatter or fishtail braid (though I suspect that takes longer).

I’m really glad I tried it, even though it isn't flawless, especially with the white trailing on the thumb. Initially I was going to leave it shiny but since I’ve recently fallen in love with matte, I added a Flormar matte top coat and I think it looks pretty stylish that way.

Ich möchte diese Challenge dazu nutzen, einige “Klassiker” auszuprobieren, und beginne gleich mal mit einer Pünktchen-Mani. Ich habe meine Dotting Tools jetzt schon seit ein paar Monaten, also weiß ich gar nicht, warum ich das bisher nicht probiert habe – wird aber bestimmt nicht das letzte Mal bleiben, diese Pünktchen gehen so schnell und es sieht einfach nett aus. Am Ende hab ich noch einen Matt-Topcoat von Flormar aufgetragen, ich bin gerade sehr begeistert von mattem Finish.
Normalerweise trag ich ja entweder nur normalen Nagellack oder gleich so komplizierte Malereien, da bin ich es gar nicht gewohnt, dass ein cooles Nageldesign so schnell und einfach geht. Ich war richtig überrascht! Bin gespannt, wie das z.B. bei Splatter-Nägeln ist (ich schätz mal andere Klassiker dauern aber durchaus länger).

Am Donnerstag gibt’s dann entweder noch einen Klassiker (wenn er klappt) oder Freihand-Malerei – mal sehen, was es wird!

Euer gepunktetes Nagelnewbie


Coming up, I have another classic (at least I hope it works out) and some crazy freehand stuff – let's see which one I post on Thursday.


The dotted nail newbie

12 comments:

  1. I love this, it remind me of bubbles in the ocean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie!!! Welcome to your first Tri-Polish! hehehe :) Glad to see you around!
    And it's so cool you're trying something new (that's what's so fab about challenges ;)) - dotticures are fun and this one is just that! Cute & Fun! :D
    Love the matter version - my favourite, of course **

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie :D We both seem to have contracted the matte bug ;)

      Delete
  3. Fishtails do take a bit longer but they're not as hard as everyone says they are-it's just a matter of applying your colours in the right order!
    This looks fab! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the other 3 =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'm glad to hear they're not that hard - I guess I'll find out soon myself :)

      Delete
  4. Cute, colorful bubbles. Adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it, I love dots and bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fish egg designs and this one is great !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a cool expression, hadn't heard it before :) Glad to hear you like it!

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments!
Comment moderation is enabled so your comment won't appear right away but at least you can be sure I read every single comment and try to answer them as fast as possible :)

Hallo! Ich freu mich sehr über jeden Kommentar!
Da sie moderiert sind, erscheinen sie nicht sofort, aber dafür könnt ihr euch sicher sein, dass ich auch jeden einzelnen lese :) Ich werd so schnell wie möglich darauf antworten.

Copyright © 2013 To boldly polish and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.
Social media icons (except gfc) by

Photobucket